Quick Questions and Answers For Our New Customers
Our definition is the selling of the majority of one’s possessions. There are many reasons for needing an estate sale: a death in the family, moving to assisted living, retiring to Florida, selling the contents of one home when there is a new marriage and two households, financial hardship, or moving to another country.
- Colorado Estate Sales does not have antique stores. Therefore, all your items remain on the premises until the public sale. No pre-sales.
- We can sell special items or collections for you on the Internet.
- We have a fabulous following of buyers who frequent our sales.
- We do our best to price everything.
- For 25 years, we have had a personal ethical policy of not buying any collectibles from your sale.
- We collect and remit sales tax from the shoppers. It’s the law.
- We give you your cash immediately following the sale. If you are out of town, we send you a cashier’s check, or can make a local deposit.
Many years ago we designed the three V’s: Value, Variety, Volume. A sale we take must have at least two of the three. Also, we like lots of PRETTIES!
Yes! Also consider hiring us to price your sale before the family decides on which items they are keeping from the estate, so it is fair for everyone.
Rest assured, we set aside any family items we think you may have missed, such as photographs, vital records, love letters, safe deposit keys, wedding rings, etc.
Approximately 2 weeks. Sometimes less, sometimes more.
Please remove the items you wish to keep. Maintain trash service. Do not dispose of anything, except obvious trash, until we can meet with you.
We work on a percentage of the total sale, anywhere between 35–50%. The majority of time it is 35%. Labor is the determining factor. We have a minimum of $2,700-$3,000 fee, or the %, whichever is greater.
Yes. We will have an idea after we chat on the phone, and then see your home.
- We post your sale on estatesales.net, which sends out thousands of emails.
- Out front of the home we hang a large banner announcing the time of sale.
- We email our loyal buyers.
- We advertise your sale right here on the website at Our Next Sale.
- We hang fluorescent posters and arrows on the street corners — and we remove them after the sale!
- We announce your sale on our very popular Facebook page.
- The night before, we also post your sale on Craigslist.
That is your choice. You can leave those items to be picked up by your favorite charity, left in the home or garage, or if possible, we will provide a “clear out” person who will remove what didn’t sell. In most cases this takes an additional couple days. There are also professional companies who clean out everything. We can discuss.
Yes. We have been very successful selling cars, trucks, and boats.
Our contract specifies that everything that you are keeping MUST be out of the home by the Sunday before we begin work. It also specifies that you are not to sell or remove any of the items designated for sale. You are responsible for maintaining or scheduling trash removal until after the sale is complete.
No. We work hard and fast, and it is easier for us to do that without conversation and interruptions.
Yes, we absolutely do!